Lymphatic Drainage Therapy (LDT)
You may be asking yourself, "What is lymphatic drainage therapy?" Lymphatic drainage therapy or LDT involves gentle manual massage techniques that aid in proper flow of lymph and allow for more effective waste and toxin removal. LDT can assist in fluid activation which stimulates the immune system thereby assisting the body in healing itself.
What is the lymphatic system?
The lymphatic system is the bodies drainage system it series of tiny vessels, nodes and organs. The lymphatic system plays an important role in the bodies defense against infection. Bacteria and other microbes are picked up in the lymphatic fluid and trapped inside lymph nodes, where they can be attacked and destroyed by specialized white blood cells called lymphocytes.
Reasons why someone might seek LDT?
- After liposuction surgery
- You have swelling
- You have surgery scheduled or are recovering from surgery
- You have chronic fatigue
- You have chronic pain
- You have a comprised immune system
- You have trouble sleeping
- You are a cancer survivor
- Chronic or seasonal sinus problems
- You have scar tissue from old surgeries or injuries
- You have any chronic condition which puts a constant challenge on your immune system
- Suffering from any type of chronic disease including autoimmune disorders
- Your interested in cleansing your body and improving your overall body function
Why do I need LDT?
The lymphatic system does not have a pump like the vascular system (the heart). When the body needs to send blood somewhere or bring it back it uses arteries, veins and the heart to pump the blood. When the lymphatic system is congested or sluggish it requires muscle contraction (exercise) and/or someone to manually move the lymph with LDT.
The Benefits Of Lymphatic Drainage Therapy
- Reduces swelling
- Improves immune function
- Facilitates healing
- Increases rate of recovery from surgery
- Detoxes the body thereby improving overall organ and body function.